We’re ending the week here in San Francisco with cooling temperatures and rain. I’ve been told not to complain, however, given that it’s snowing back in the Midwest! Here are five festive things that have brightened my mood lately despite the dreary weather.
1. This video from Pentatonix and Todrick Hall that’s an awesome mash-up of songs telling the story of the Wizard of Oz. I went to grad school in Kansas (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!), so I’m always amused by Wizard of Oz things.
2. Quiltmaker’s Volume Eight of 100 blocks . This has been making its way around blogs this week and it looks like there’s some pretty nifty blocks included.
3. Sew, Mama, Sew’s curated lists for Handmade Holidays. Since I work with college students in my day job, I was particularly tickled to see the list for college students.
4. Leah Day’s Free Motion Quilting Modern Weave tutorial. I’ve used some of her tutorials before and she does a SUPER job of making explaining everything and encouraging new machine-quilters to practice and explore. I love the look of this one-it reminds me of a ginko plant!
|photo credit: shes_so_high via photopin cc|
5. San Francisco turning into Gotham City for a day as part of a Make-a-Wish Foundation event for Bat Kid! This has been all over the internet so you’ve probably seen it by now, but it’s just one MORE reason I’m super proud and excited to call San Francisco my new home.
What’s made your week festive?