A compilation of things that made me smile lately. Some related to quilting and crafting, and some not, but all are festive!
1. My brother, Bill, and I went to an all-you-can eat pizza extravaganza at Pizza Orgasmica. Bill’s been extremely supportive of our book, and it’s great to live in the same city (San Francisco) as him again! And holy smokes was the pizza good.
2. This adorable matryoshka fabric I saw a few weeks ago at Britex Fabrics, a four story fabric palace that deserves a post all its own. The fabric is from the Little Kukla line (Kukla means “doll” in Russian) by Robert Kaufman.
3. This pile of trimmings on my work table! Real, live proof that I have indeed been testing patterns for our book! And making a colossal mess in the process.
4. Simple Halloween Costumes. I love Halloween mostly because I have a huge problem with buying Halloween fabric. Especially candy corn fabric! Now what I actually DO with this stash is a totally unrelated issue. But now anytime I feel sad I’ll just whip out my new Minnie Mouse ears and *poof* instant perk up.
5. My first San Francisco seafood experience: clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl down at Fisherman’s Wharf with my college friend who came to visit me from Minnesota, the state of hockey! You’ll notice my cute pink quilted bag, a birthday present from Mom last year. I always get TONS of compliments on it when I go out.