Written by Laura Chaney, daughter
Last week’s poll was all about the kinds of quilts you typically make!
We had a record number of voters, with 92 quilters weighing in! Functional or bed quilts won out with a whopping 96%, leaving art quilts with 4% and show quilts with just 1% of voters. I’d expected the numbers to show a littler more variety, but I’m not surprised that the functional and bed quilts had the most votes.
In the comments, Daryl from Patchouli Moon Studio made a really great point about how the terms could interpreted by different people. If you hang a bed quilt on the wall is it art? Definitely a great example of how quilts and quilted home goods can blur the perceived boundary between function and design.
This week’s poll is all about how you share your creative work online.
And now, on to the link-up!
Check out http://www.quiltalong.net/ she has a section of her site that lists link-ups.
Interesting poll results Laura. I'm a little surprised at what a large slice of the pie the functional quilting has.
I haven't blogged lately so have nothing to link up… just so you know I'm not forgetting you.