Christmas in July Pattern Parade
Hi there! We’re so excited to part of a fun Christmas in July Pattern Parade today! Our post is just one stop of many, each one with a free pattern!
But wait, there’s more! Everyone who downloads our free pattern will be entered to win a hard copy of our book, Contain It! English Paper-Pieced Accessories,! Free pattern and a chance to win a free book? Looks like Christmas really did come early this year! See the end of this post for downloads and details.
Mason Jar Vases
Our patten uses our signature English Paper-Piecing technique to create fabulous fabric vases in the correct size to fit around a Mason canning jar! We also include the pattern to make a shallow lid, so you can use this as a gift box. It’s the perfect way to “wrap” those yummy Mason jar mixes that are popular homemade holiday gifts!
This pattern follows the exact techniques and processes laid out in our book, Contain It! English Paper-Pieced Accessories. We’ve included all of the instructions in this pattern, we encourage you to check out the book if you’re looking for more patterns using this same fun English Paper-Piecing technique.
- Printed copy of the pattern and directions
- 2 fat quarters of fabric (18″ x 22″)
- Stabilizer (Peltex, Timtex or Buckram) measuring 20″ x 25″
- 1/4″ Fusible Tape (we like Steam-a-Seam 2)
- Iron with Steam
- Coordinating thread
- Basic sewing supplies (needle, scissors, rotary cutter, thimble, wonderclips or pins etc)
- Mason or quilted jelly jar. We provide the templates for three different heights, so you can choose the size jar that works for you. See below for additional information.
- (Optional) Contain It! English Paper Pieced-Accessories
Mason Jar Information
Ball Quilted Jelly Jars with lid will fit these containers:
- 4 ounce quilted jelly jar – short sides
- 8 ounce quilted jelly jar – medium sides
- 12 ounce quilted jelly jar – tall sidesBall Regular Mouth Pint Jar with lid (available in different colors!) – tall sides
- Don’t forget, you can use this as a container without a Mason Jar, or by using another glass insert.
1. Decide which size of Mason Jar Vase you want to make
2. Cut Stabilizer
3. Cut Fabric
4. Baste the fabric to the Stabilizer using 1/4″ fusible tape
5. Add any quilting or embellishments (optional)
6. Sew the Outer Sides, Inner Sides, and Inner Base together to create the “Octopus”
7. Sew up the each of the four sides of the container
8. Flip the Outside of the container down over the Inside of the container then attach Base using a whip or ladder stitch
9. Make Optional Lid following same directions
Download the Pattern
Everyone who enters their email to get updates from us and downloads the free pattern will be entered into a drawing for a copy of Contain It! English Paper-Pieced Accessories! Giveaway is open from July 15-25 and is open to US residents only (sorry, international friends).
If you have any questions or want to share photos of your finished projects (we LOVE seeing project photos!) reach out on Facebook or email Laura and Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pattern Parade Continues
Don’t forget to check out the other patterns featured in this Christmas in July Pattern Parade!